My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Friday, May 28, 2010

Frustration

It's been four months since I first signed on with my builder. I have been getting so frustrated with the lack of communication, the errors and the slow progress. I emailed my CSC yesterday to get an update on where we were at, if plans had gone to Council yet and if she could give ma a start date.

The answer I received today was not what I had hoped to hear.

Plans have not been put into Council yet, although she assures me this will only take 48 hours for approval once they have. Paperwork is with 'Quality Assurance', whatever that means and once this has all been approved (another week) they will have me into construction in a couple of weeks - this means more than likely building will not start until July!!!!!

What is eating me more is that so many people I have spoken to in the last couple of weeks who signed on with builders at the same time as me have already got their slabs laid and frames up. One of my friends who signed in February has been told she will be in her house by the end of August! I'm probably looking at Christmas at the earliest.

If I knew what I know now I would not have gone with the builder I chose. Too late now, just hope things get better.

The excitement of building my first home has now disappeared. I just hope it returns

Will keep you updated.




No comments:

Post a Comment