My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Photo Update

Had to go down to the house this morning to put my number on the window for the Gas connection so I took a few photos.

The facade has been fixed, didn't take much at all by the looks of things. It is yet to be painted however that will happen when the touch ups are done. There are a few more red stickers here and there but not as many as I want to see (I know no one wants to see red stickers but I know there should be a lot more).

The drive has been poured however it is yet to be finished as it needs to dry before they seal it.

There was a lot of work being done at the estate today with trucks coming in with loads of dirt. The end of the street was being rolled so it looks like they are getting ready to finish the road (this should make you happy Janine). I took a drive around the estate and noticed that there are four Metricon homes going up in Maplewood court, I'd love to know which ones are being built.

There has also been more tree planting along the boulevard and one of the side streets. I am just hoping that we get the same trees in our street as they provide wonderful shade and a shady street means $$$$ to the house.

Now I have to start thinking about the garden and what I am going to do there. I have three months from hand over to get it complete however I want to get on to it as soon as possible. I'm open to suggestions, I want something that is going to take care of itself but I'm not into natives. It looks like a visit to the nursery is in order. Does anyone know a good one.

Anyway, here are some photos, possibly the last before handover as there is very little left to be done now. I'm sorry if the quality is not too good, they were taken through windows once again.









7 comments:

  1. You must be so happy Kylie - it all looks amazing. Love the floors, love that coffee coloured feature wall, love the kitchen - love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful Ky - I have just returned from checking our build. Yes, the Estate is a buzz, gorgeous weather. The Boulevarde is really taking shape. Don't you wish the trucks would stay to the road and not destroy landscaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful Ky - almost there. I was just at the house checking out our progress. Yes, the Estate is a buzz with activity in this beautiful weather. Boulevarde is really taking shape - don't you wish the trucks could keep to the roads without destroying landscaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie your house looks awesome you definatly have a great choice is colours, i love it all and i love the drive way, did you get it done through metricon?? You must be so excited to be done before christmas!! Were hoping to be there for next yrs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie your house looks awesome you definatly have a great choice is colours, i love it all and i love the drive way, did you get it done through metricon?? You must be so excited to be done before christmas!! Were hoping to be there for next yrs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie, its wonderful!!! At least the things that are red stickered can be fixed easily.
    You must be so excited now!! I love the colours too, sorry I wasn't down at the estate last weekend, when you thought it was me!!! We will all see the finished product soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm happy that things have gone rather smoothly. I still have a lot of work to do once I move it to turn the house into a home but that's part of the fun of it all isn't it?

    Tash the driveway was done by Metricon. It is still not quite finished (at least I hope it isn't as it's nothing like what was at Studio M).

    There's one little thing I am still to do and that's the curtains and blinds, whoops! may have to be sheets on the windows for a while. Oh Yuk! Just what I've always said I hate.

    ReplyDelete