My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Framed

Just a quick update.

I had a call from a friend on Tuesday who had been down to the Estate on business and thought she would drop by my block and see if there was anything going on. She said that there had been some wood delivered and it looked like they were preparing to fix the base wood into the slab in order for the frame to start.

As I had a day off today I thought I would take a quick trip down to see what was going on. I expected to see very little however this is what I found.


They can do a lot in two days can't they? Sitting on top of the structure is all the trusses for the roof. Hopefully by the end of next week I will have windows in and not long after a roof. Given that I'm having a Colourbond roof I wouldn't expect it to take too long to put on.

It's great to finally see things happening and every time I go to the block there is something new.

I still have not heard from my Site Supervisor. He had promised that he would call me on a Thursday night when there was something to tell me - hmm, don't you think the scraping of my block, the pouring of the slab and the beginning of the frame is a pretty big deal? If I don't hear from him tonight I will be having something to say. I have note even met the guy yet!

Noticed though they were pretty quick to send me the bill for the slab. It was poured on Friday and the bill was delivered express post on Monday.

Will update when there is more happening.


3 comments:

  1. Good to hear. Are you having an Independent site inspector go through??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! specially when I read your blog. The guy I spoke to said I only needed to do frame, plaster and hand over.

    Your blog is freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They're really moving now Kylie. You'll be in before our land even titles.

    ReplyDelete