My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Slab Photos



Headed down to the block today with Gumboots in hand, after all of the water that was on it last time I thought I would need them however, I was quite surprised at how dry things were considering all the rain we had this week.

As I said in my previous post my slab was finally poured yesterday and so now I feel like I am really building. I can't believe that I am finally going to have my own house, something that I can put my mark on.

I noted that the house behind me is set lower than mine which is great, It means I won't be looking into windows while I'm sitting in my alfresco area in my pjs having breakfast and enjoying the sun :-). Still no action on the two blocks either side of me however a couple across the road have had their sites scraped and plumbing has begun.


Above is looking from my front porch. To the right is the living room which I am turning into a craft room and could be a fourth bedroom if needed. The far right is the garage.


Not a lot of room down the left side of the house. This is the master bedroom side with the Family and Rumpus room at the back. The Master bedroom has been extended slightly.



Looking from the back yard alfresco room with bedroom to left and rumpus to right.


This is looking from the very corner of my block, nice little bit of back yard although no where near what I have at the moment. I'm hoping when I get a little more money to extend the alfresco area out a little more and do some paving. When that will be I do not know but you have to dream.

It's a different story below. This is my front yard. Looks like I won't have to do too much lawn mowing and I don't think I'm going to be able to fit that nice little Japanese Maple I had planned to put in. Originally the house was set 5 metres from the front of the street as per the Developer's covenant however, I got a call from the builder a couple of weeks before the build started to say that the Developer wanted the house moved forward as they do not consider the porch to be part of the house. Does this look like a five metre set back to you? I didn't have my tape measure to check but I hope so.






No comments:

Post a Comment