My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Almost Three Months Down

Well we are almost three months into the build, while things are not going as quickly as I was lead to believe I'm still happy.

Dean, my new Site Supervisor took over this week. I had an introductory phone call from him giving me an update on where things were at. Cabinets would be in by Friday, plaster completed, bricks being washed and painters starting Friday.

When I arrived yesterday the painters were there so I took off to get them a dozen (much appreciated Krispy Kremes for morning tea). When I returned Dean was parked out the front doing some paperwork so he introduced himself and then took me through the house. He said he was disappointed that the cabinets were not in (He was disappointed!). His palm pilot had been updated as being installed so he was going off to chase that up and find out what was happening.

He has come from another building company (I forgot to ask him which one) and said the Metricon do things very differently (don't I know it). He was chasing up my Caesar Stone bench on Monday and the back deck as well so he seems on top of things. He said he was still feeling his way and apologised.

I took this photo from the front door with my phone just to give you an idea of how the house looks now that plastering is finished. I didn't take too many photos as I forgot my camera.


Dean hopes to have the cabinets in this week and expects the painting to be finished next Saturday. The tiling will be next on the list. I can't wait for tiling and bathroom to be completed. I'm nervous about my tile selections.

He also said to me that he would see if they can install my kitchen appliances for me. I told him I was advised that they could not do this due to insurance issues, however he's going to check with his Manager all the same. It would be lovely if they could do this.

Finally it looks like we are still on track for a finish some time in mid November. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me as this would be perfect.

I'm really happy that I have been fortunate enough to get another good SS. I was dreading the change as I really liked my previous one but it looks like Rob trained him up well.


Took a quick snap of the back of the house now that the bricks have been cleaned, very happy, nice colour, the odd dirty brick has gone and there is no green like some have had with the lighter Austral bricks.

Just a little post script. Does anyone know how I can get rid of crows? I have a resident Crow who has found that my antenna is the best place to sit and look out over the estate. He has kindly 'crapped' all over my lovely colourbond roof. Just as well it is at the back of the house and not the front! Any suggestions - and no, I don't have a gun.

2 comments:

  1. I thought they were Ravens.
    I have heard of people hanging cd's of their aerials as ravens aparrently do not like shiny things.
    If not dress your aerial up like a scarecrow. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think from memory ravens are a little smaller. Either way they it is a pain and I want to get rid of it. Should I send it down your way ;-)? It will get a shock when my cats move in. Hopefully it will see them and fly away before it realizes that my cats are so well fed that they can't be bothered with birds.

    ReplyDelete