My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Saturday, April 17, 2010


Colour Selection
External


Brick: Austral Mushroom
Roof, Guttering, Front Door: Colourbond Loft
Facia: Colourbond Shale
Windows: Ultra Silver
Cladding: Dulux Rameau

I was really excited about the colours at first but am now having my doubts. I wanted something that was going to be a little different from the grey or green Colourbond roofs and the white or cream windows that every second house has. This left me with very little choice for windows it was either a green, black or silver. I chose the silver because it wouldn't be as noticeable on the inside but now I'm thinking I should have gone black.

I like the colour of the roof as I thought it would give me some flexibility should I want to change the cladding later on. I could look at Olives, blues, browns or greys.

I am having the standard entry door which is shown in the display home photo above. I thought it was pointless spending a lot of money on a fancy door as it is going to be hidden behind a 'crimsafe' security door anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment