My First Home

My First Home
Santorini 26 by Metricon

Saturday, April 17, 2010




Kitchen Colour Selection


Overhead cupboards: Nocturne Oak
Splash back: Stone
Caesarstone bench tops: Ice Snow
Pot drawers and lower cupboards: White
Kick rails: zinc (not shown)


Above are the colours I have selected for the kitchen. As the kitchen/family and dining room are combined I didn't want to go too dark on the kitchen and wanted to choose colours that would go well with the other rooms. I'm hoping I have succeeded with this.

I have chosen to have a single bowl under mount sink which will give me more bench space and after much research have gone with all Miele appliances including a gas cook-top and dishwasher.

The only thing that I am unhappy with is the location of the microwave which sits under the island bench. I like to be able to watch what's going on in my microwave so that things don't spill over. Having the microwave here is a little inconvenient. It had been suggested that I put it in the pantry but after watching my microwave at home and noticing all the steam that came out of it I didn't think it was a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment